Tech Academy: Escape the Ender Dragon: Escape Room Adventure Map
Courses: Youth / Brain Boosters -
Escape the Ender Dragon: Escape Room Adventure Map
Unleash your creativity as you work collaboratively! Create a world with others in multiple unique themed Escape Room Adventure Maps Our mission to race through the end and escape the Ender Dragon. Students will get a copy of the world to continue development at home.
Additional Technical Requirement: ● Minecraft Java Edition ● PC will not work on Chromebook, tablets, or phones.
Please review the following bullet points for information regarding the class:
- This class will use Google Meet, a platform for video communication. If your child is unfamiliar with it, we will go over the basics at the beginning of class, but please take a moment to review the following with your child:
- Show up a few minutes before class time.
- Set up a location with minimal distractions
- Be respectful of the teacher, other students, and the learning process.
- Listen and click on the "raise hand" button before talking if you have questions.
- Please stay muted on Google Meet unless you have been called on when the teacher is talking.
- Your student will need the following in order to fully participate in class: a Windows PC computer, webcam, microphone, speakers, and internet.
- This class requires the following programs/software: Minecraft Java Edition (the game can be bought and downloaded here).
- Please have Minecraft downloaded and installed. Please note Minecraft Bedrock Edition, Xbox, Chromebooks, Tablets, Phone, or Windows 10 Version of Minecraft will and any other Minecraft will not work! Minecraft: Java Edition on the computer is required for this class. If you are unsure if you have the proper edition of Minecraft, check the purchase link. Do NOT buy Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition! Make sure you buy Minecraft: Java Edition
Before class, please be sure to download Minecraft Java Edition and familiarize yourself with the controls:
- The W, A, S, and D keys are how you move.
- Press the E key to open inventory. Pressing E again or ESC closes the inventory.
- Left-click on your computer mouse to break blocks and swing your tools.
- Right-click on your computer mouse to place blocks and interact with things like doors.
- The space bar is jump, and double-tapping space bar is fly (if you are in creative mode).
- If you are flying or swimming, the shift key is down, and the space bar is up.
- Double tapping the W key is how you sprint forward. Otherwise, you can hold the CTRL key and W at the same time to sprint forward.
- The T key opens up chat. You can chat or enter commands into this window. In creative mode you will be able to see all commands by typing /help
- If you have any questions about anything in Minecraft feel free to explore more on the Minecraft Wiki or the Wiki's Tutorials Page. But as always, the best way to learn more about the game is to simply play it.
Please join the meeting here:https://meet.google.com/ero-
Virtual Class | Escape the Ender Dragon: Escape Room Adventure Map
Saturday, December 17 9:00am – 12:00pm
If you are having issues entering the meeting before class, please text 612-314-3928 (don’t call) for assistance. It will only be monitored starting 30 minutes before class begins.
Plan to use the link and enter the meeting 10 minutes before the start of class.
For class information and review materials, please check out our new online classroom page! Login as a guest and access the page with the code !EscDrag
For more information about your class, please visit our website.