Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Aquatics / Training -
This blended learning course includes an online portion and an instructor-led classroom skills session. Online must be completed before attending the first in-class date. You will be sent the online portion approximately 1 week before the course start date.
This class provides entry-level participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. Requirements to become lifeguard certified are:
- At least 15 years of age
- 300 yd. endurance swim using front crawl and/or breaststroke
- Complete a timed skill sequence including a 20 yd. swim, retrieval of a 10 lb. object from 7 ft. deep, swim 20 yd. carrying the object and exit the water within 1 min. and 40 sec.
- Tread water for 2 min. using legs only
- In order to successfully complete this course, you must attend all sessions, achieve a score of 80% or more on two written tests, and complete CPR, First Aid, and lifeguard skills tests
**$175 Scholarships are available through the NP Aquatic Center. You must apply and be accepted to work as a guard at this facility to receive the discount. Call 952-758-1751 or email email@example.com for more information**
* Cancellations made less than 5 days prior to class will be refunded only if that spot can be filled by another participant.